C Program to Convert Binary Number to Decimal
This is the example of c-programming. You can edit and compile code in your own way on clicking button. If you have better solution or you found any error on code, then give us suggestion.
Code Explanation :
This program takes as input a binary number, and converts it to a decimal number.
- Take a binary number and store it in the variable num.
- Initialize the variable decimal_val to zero and variable base to 1.
- Obtain the remainder and quotient of the binary number. Store the remainder in the variable rem and override the variable num with quotient.
- Multiply rem with variable base. Increment the variable decimal_val with this new value.
- Increment the variable base by 2.
- Repeat the steps 3, 4 and 5 with the quotient obtained until quotient becomes zero.
- Print the variable decimal_val as output.
Step 1 : Start
Step 2 : Declare variables num, binary_val, decimal_val, base and rem
Step 3 : Initialize decimal_val = 0 and base = 1
Step 4 : Take input and stored on num
Step 5 : Set binary_val = num
Step 6 : Repeat this process until num > 0
6.1 : rem = num % 10
6.2 : decimal_val = decimal_val + rem * base
6.3 : num = num / 10
6.4 : base = base * 2
Step 7 : Print decimal_val
Step 8 : End
Our example mainly covers following topics in any programing
- Basic Programs
- Number Programs
- Array Programs
- Matrix Programs
- Pattern Programs
- String Programs
- Tree Programs
- Singly Linked List Programs
- Circular Linked List Programs
- Doubly Linked List Programs
Here we share programs on various topics such as array strings, series area & volume of geometric figures, mathematical calculation algorithms for sorting & searching and much more.Our goal is to provide you with the perfect solution to all the programming problems you may have encountered either during interviews or in class assignments. If you don’t find what you are looking for then please drop a line in the comment section of example page or you can request from account page so that we can get it added to the below collection of programs. Happy Learning!!
If you are confident with the above programs and are able to successfully understand and run them without any problems then it is time for you to take a step further and learn comprehensive programming principles using examples and flow diagrams. Here is the link: Programming tutorial lists .
If you find this example helpful, don't forget to share it with your friends. And stay updated with us by subscribing adzetech.
If you find any code error or grammetical error then you can suggest for example improvement on clicking below button.
Check out these related examples: